Did you know that pets and livestock need regular dental checkups, just like we do?
There are many benefits to regular dental care for your animal. Preventive care often catches issues before they worsen. Regular dental care does many things:
- Keeps the mouth healthier
- Helps manage other diseases like diabetes, heart, and kidney disease
- Prevents bacterial spread or issues throughout the body
- Decreases chance of painful tooth issues
We want to prevent painful tooth issues, not just because of the pain, but because of other complications too. Eating and general health can be affected by painful tooth issues, which can be caused by:
- Broken or damaged teeth
- Build-up of tartar on the teeth
- Having gums that are red, swollen, or bleeding
But, how can you tell your pet might be having dental issues? Signs of dental issues in your pet include:
- Not being interested in eating food or treats
- Having bad breath or increased drooling
- Having gums that are red, swollen or bleeding
- Eating only on one side of their mouth
Most dogs and cats have some form of gum disease by age 3, so it is definitely something you want to be proactive about. Dental issues and gum disease are preventable and can sometimes be reversible, so early care and treatment is important! During wellness exams, we’ll be sure to talk to you about proactive dental care.
The good news is that we can help you tackle all of these dental challenges and problems! We provide a comprehensive range of dental care, including cleaning, teeth extraction, and ultrasonic cleaning. Don’t hesitate to ask us for what dental care we recommend for your pet.
Ready to schedule dental work for your animal? Please call us or fill out an appointment request form.